“Betty Boop” is a hybrid rose that carries sprays of red-edged ivory and yellow blossoms. “Betty Boop” grows in a rounded shape from 3 to 5 feet high and 4 to 5 feet wide and yields blossoms from May until the first autumn frost. Medium to large 3″, semi-double blooms of yellow-ivory edged cherry-red with lovely fruity fragrance that open to show golden centers. One of the most colorful of roses, the blooms are long lasting. A naturally rounded plant with glossy,
“When you take a flower in your hand and really look at it, it’s your world for the moment. I want to give that world to someone else. Most people in the city rush around so, they have no time to look at a flower. I want them to see
it whether they want to or not.”
– Georgia O’Keeffe
Beautiful Yellow Gerbera Daisy
The meanings of gerbera flowers stem from those attributed to the general daisy family. These meanings include innocence and purity. Daisies are also a classic symbol of beauty however, the gerbera variety holds an added meaning of cheerfulness, which stems from the assortment of colors available.
Big Red Checker Dahlia Flower Wallpapers
With eye-catching foliage and colorful 4″ blooms of rich burgundy red petals tipped in white, it refuses to be ignored! The bush grows to a nice compact 3 1/2′ with wonderful lush, lacy foliage and is one of the most consistent blooming bi-colors and all around garden plants we have ever produced. This variety has one of the longest lasting blooms when cut.
Colorful Dahlia Image
CLASSIFICATION OF DAHLIA FLOWERS
- Single dahlias have blooms with a single outer ring of florets, which may overlap, the centre forming a disc.
- Anemone-flowered dahlias have blooms with one or more outer rings of generally flattened ray florets surrounding a dense group of tubular florets, and showing no disc.
- Collerette dahlias have blooms with a single outer ring of generally flat ray florets, which must overlap, with a ring of small florets (the collar) the centre forming a disc.
- Waterlily dahlias have fully double blooms characterized by broad ray florets that are slightly involute along their length (longitudinal axis) giving a saucer shaped appearance to the bloom. The depth should be not more than one third of the diameter of the bloom.
- Decorative dahlias have fully double blooms showing no disc. The ray florets are generally broad and flat and may be involute for no more than 75% of their length (longitudinal axis) or slightly twisted, and usually bluntly pointed
- Ball dahlias have fully double blooms, ball shaped or slightly flattened. The ray florets rounded at the tips, with margins spirally arranged and involute for at least 75% of the length of the florets
- Pompon dahlias have fully double spherical blooms, with florets largely involute along their length (longitudinal axis).
- Cactus dahlias have fully double blooms, the ray florets are usually pointed, the majority narrow and revolute for 65% or more of their length (longitudinal axis) and either straight or incurving.
- Semi-Cactus dahlias have fully double blooms; the ray florets are usually pointed and revolute for more than 25% and less than 65% of their length and broad at the base and either straight or incurving.
- Any dahlias which do not fall into type 1 – 9 inclusive and type 11, 12,13 & 14 e.g. Thistle Dahlias, etc. This group includes species dahlias
- Fimbriated dahlias have blooms where the tips of the ray florets should be evenly split or notched into two or more divisions, uniformly throughout the bloom to create a fringed overall effect. The petals may be flat, involute, revolute, straight, incurving or twisted.
- Star dahlias have blooms with a single outer ring of florets surrounding the disc. Ray florets are uniformly either involute or revolute.
- Double Orchid dahlias have fully double blooms showing no disc and have triangular centers. Ray florets are narrowly lance shaped and either involute or revolute.
- Paeony dahlias have multiple outer rings of ray florets surrounding a disc, ray florets are flat or slightly involute at base and are flat or are to some extent revolute.