Prabhupada Painting at ISKCON Temple Vrindavan
Prem Mandir- A Symbol Of True Love
As the name suggests “Prem Mandir” is the statue of true love of “Lord Krishna & Radha”. I believe it is one of the finest temples of India in terms of architecture and construction. One must not miss to visit this temple whenever at “Vrindavan”. All the idols of Radh-Krishna seems talking and at the entrance of the temple there is one place where Lord Krishna’s very big statue is moving electrically on Kaalia Naag. This is one of the best places to visit at Vrindavan.
Prem Mandir Vrindavan
Prem Mandir is situated in Raman Reti in the holy land of Shri Vrindavan; the divine abode of Shri Radha Krishana’s loving pastimes. This temple is an outstanding monument in terms of its unique architecture beauty and grandeur. It is adjacent to ISKCON temple and on the Chhatikara Road. A few important facts regarding the temple are listed below.
- Foundation laid on 14th January 2001.
- Inaugurated on 17th February 2012.
- Temple situated on sprawling 12 acre of land.
- Well-arranged gardens, fountains and dioramas.
- The combined efforts of approximately 1000 artisans and thousands of labourers who worked tirelessly for 11 years to complete this Temple.
- Constructed of 30,000 tons of Italian karara marble.
- 125 feet high, 122 feet long and 115 feet wide.
- Majestically standing on 150 artistically carved pillars.
- Decorated with 9 beautifully engraved domes.
- Resplendent with 17 golden coloured pitchers (Kalash) and a grand flag mast at the top.
- Built on the basis of Nagaradi architecture.
Image Posted on Updated on
Govinda Dev Temple
Govinda Dev Temple was a grand seven-story structure, with an altar of marble, silver and gold. Architecturally this temple is one of the finest in North India. A sculptured lotus flower weighing several tons decorates the main hall ceiling. It was built in 1590 by Raja Man Singh from Jaipur, a general in Akbar’s army, who was inspired to do it after meeting Rupa Gosvami. It was said to have cost ten million rupees and several thousand men were working for five full years to complete it. Akbar himself had donated the red sandstone for its construction. In 1670, during the rule of a later Mughal king, Aurangzeb, it was plundered and destroyed leaving only three stories of the original temple. During this attack, when few stories remained, all of a sudden the ground began to shake violently and Aurangzeb’s men were terrified and ran for their lives, never to return.
Temple is now empty and the replica of Govindaji is worshiped in the new Govindaji Mandir (located behind the original temple). The original Govindaji is worshiped in Jaipur.
Image Posted on Updated on
Govind Dev (Govindaji) Temple was once a magnificent seven storeyed structure built in the form of a Greek cross. It is said that the Emperor Akbar donated some of the red sandstone that had been brought for the Red Fort at Agra, for the construction of this temple. Built at the astronomical cost of one crore rupees in 1590 by his general Raja Man Singh, the temple combines western, Hindu and Muslim architectural elements in its structure. It was destroyed by Mughal ruler Aurangzeb.