Temple of Vrindavan
Southern and Western combination of cultures and imagination of Kripaluji Maharaj has become a reality in Vrindavan Dham. 150 crore Indian rupee (thirty million USD) Prem Mandir’s grandeur is challenging the Tajmahal of mogul times. Made with Italian marble this temple exhibits stunning combination of modern and ancient times. This magnificent temple made in Vrindavan is 125 feet high. The length of the temple is 122 feet and the width is 115 feet. The influence of south Indian culture of craftsmanship can be seen in the Temple. Water fountains and gardens on all four sides were adding to the beauty of the temple. Every modern service is available on this temple facility that extends on 54 acres of land.
The special feature of art of Vastu is that the temple has doors that open in all directions. Temple has magnificent carvings on the inside and outside. In Temple premises one can have view of Shree Krishn’s Giriraj leela, Jhulan leela, Kaliya nag leela and Maharas leela. The family of artisan from Sompura, Gujrat has contributed in completing Prem Mandir. Thousands of artisans and workmen from Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh have worked on the temple.
Built in 11 years: with the intentions of uniting the world in love, Kripaluji Maharaj started the temple on 14th of January 2001 on Makar Sankranti day. Just like its name Prem Mandir is going to give the message of unity in diversity in Indian culture.
Prem Mandir – Vrindavan
This devotional center will serve all who come in search of God’s love, through knowledge and the practical experience of bhakti. Surrounded by beautiful gardens and fountains, the Temple complex will also have educational exhibits and a theater to enlighten visitors with the eternal knowledge of our scriptures.
Prem Mandir Vrindavan
- Prem Mandir is located on the outskirts of Vrindavan in 54 acres.
- It took 11 years to complete the temple.
- The temple is elegantly carved in white Italian marble.
- The outer walls of the temple depicts 84 leelas of Sri Krishna and Radha.
- Inside the temple one can view the philosophy of bhakti yog, as revealed by Jagadguru Shree Kripaluji Maharaj, inlaid in the ornate walls with semi-precious stones.
- Kripalu Trayodashi, the famous concise overview of all of the philosophy of Hindu dharm in only 13 verses, composed by Kripaluji Maharaj, is displayed just next to the main shrine.
- The temple is also adorned with beautiful sculptures of deities and incidents in Hindu scriptures.
- Beautifully carved dome is a highlight of the temple.
Prem Mandir- A Symbol Of True Love
As the name suggests “Prem Mandir” is the statue of true love of “Lord Krishna & Radha”. I believe it is one of the finest temples of India in terms of architecture and construction. One must not miss to visit this temple whenever at “Vrindavan”. All the idols of Radh-Krishna seems talking and at the entrance of the temple there is one place where Lord Krishna’s very big statue is moving electrically on Kaalia Naag. This is one of the best places to visit at Vrindavan.